Boycott israHell!

Boycott israHell!
Бойкот на израел и печелещите от окупацията! Boycott israHell and those who profit from occupation!

Friday, July 25, 2014

#BDSMovement / Thank you, Sinead O’Connor, for boycotting Israel

Sinéad O’Connor, an artist willing to put principles ahead of money. (Man Alive!)
 vividly recall the first time I saw Sinéad O’Connor live. She looked shy and fragile as she walked onstage. And then she began her song “Troy,” whispering to us one second; screaming at us the next. It was enchanting and haunting.
That was 26 years ago. Ever since then, I’ve admired O’Connor as a woman of talent and courage. So I felt a bit hurt when she rejected me in a distinctly twenty-first century manner last month: by blocking me on Twitter.
All I had done was to ask politely that she cancel a gig in Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment